Friday, July 18, 2008

Thing #22 - Podcasts: no iPod needed!

Podcasts are so exciting for students. Last year students at one of my elementary schools created podcasts in 3rd grade and 6th grade. We posted them on Powermedia Plus. Students and parents were able to listen to the podcast from home. Click on the link above and you will be able to listen to some of the podcasts. These were very simple podcasts to let students learn how to create them. You will need to login to PowerMedia Plus. Remember your login is your email address and the password is your school's name. After you login, type in Austin in the search field and choose Mrs. Vasquez class or Special People in my Life. Students can login to Powermedia Plus, but I have slept since then and can not remember the student login. Next year we hope to have our own server that students will be able to save their podcasts to in our district.

I have subscribed to several podcasts, but my favorite is from my church. They use podcasts to put the sermons online every week. Therefore if I miss a Sunday, I can still hear the sermon.

1 comment:

mborden said...

I listened to some of the students' podcasts. I look forward to maybe doing some next year with my class!