Friday, July 18, 2008

Summary

One of my favorite parts was learning about the awesome signs you could create with the online image generator. I also like the Deli.icio.us account that enables you to access your bookmarks and other people's bookmarks from any computer any where. The RSS feeds were cool too. (This will save so much time.) Another favorite, all the free open source software like ZoHo Writer and iGoogle that allows you to store documents on the web and retrieve them from anywhere. As I think back, I have learned so much and everything was easily accessible and the assignments were all attainable. I could literally go on and on about the many different applications I have learned through this experience.
I loved the way the staff development was set up. I am also thankful that I did it in the summer when I had plenty of time to explore the different aspects of web 2.0. I have spent hours looking and exploring all the online learning tools available through this staff development. (I would look at the clock and could not believe I spent so much time exploring because I was having so much fun)Thank you for taking the time to put this together. I would definitely consider taking another course set up in this style.
My goal is to help my campuses become more familiar with web 2.0. Teachers, please if you are on my campuses, Austin, Cannaday, McKenzie, Tosch, or Tisinger, please give me a call so we can work together to help our students become the best they can be with technology using web 2.0.

2 comments:

Nice Guy said...

Making fake signs is fun.

Many more image generators @ www.ImageGenerator.org (online tools to make free graphics with your typed text, digital photos or your webcam).

Debbie said...

Congrats! You did a great job! If you want to continue to explore and “play” with new Web 2.0 tools, check out this blog. You might try adding it to your Google or Bloglines reader.

Learning 2.1