Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thing #17 - Tagging and Social Bookmarking with Del.icio.us

I already have a del.icio.us account. This tool has been very beneficial for combining bookmarks from home and work. I can mark the bookmarks private in delicious and choose the bookmarks I want to share with other people. This is a very valuable tool since I combine my personal and professional bookmarks. I also like to tag my bookmarks, therefore making it easier to search for specific topics. Another valuable tool is adding fans to your account. This enables you to see other bookmarks people have found therefore eliminating valuable searching time on the Internet.
Teachers could use this to set up specific sites for students to use during research projects or for specific learning sites.
I took the staff development this summer called "Social Bookmarking". It is online and will give you a better understanding of del.icio.us. and social bookmarking.

No comments: