Monday, July 7, 2008

Thing # 11 - RSS & Blogs

I found it easy to use several RSS feeds, but one of my favorite was Topix.net. It was easy to search a variety of topics from scrap-booking to vacation topics. Topix.net pulled up several feeds on Panama City, Florida, but Google Reader did not pull up anything. I was checking to see if they both would find the same information. 
I found Feedster took forever to download too. I didn't have the patience to wait for it to download to my computer. 
Since Google Reader was my first to set up. I am more familiar with it than the others. I have several RSS feeds set up, and I am sure it will continue to grow. I also have a deli.cio.us account that I am going to use for both professional and personal items.
I find that  blogs are useful for me to learn from other people and share valuable information that may help someone else. 

No comments: