Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thing # 16- Getting Organized with Web 2.0 Tools

I had set up an iGoogle page earlier. I looked at PageFlakes, but I chose to use Netvibes to set up another homepage. Netvibes was easy to set up too, but I will keep my iGoogle page. I feel it has more choices and options that are easy to integrate the other things I am using from Learning 2.0.
Online calendars are a very valuable resource when you work with a group of people with different schedules. I like the ability to share my iCal with co-workers. When I need to schedule a meeting for all of us, I can check their calendars before I set up the meeting. I also like the fact that I can create a personal calendar on iCal too. Since I already have an online calendar that I share, I did not create another online calendar.
I created a Jott account because I liked the fact that you could create a voice reminder list and send it to your iPhone. However, I used my work phone number and was not able to verify my account since I am not at work yet. I think this will be a very useful way to set up reminders for me. I like the fact that you can post your reminders or do lists to the web and have access to them anywhere. Again, having the ability to access things from anywhere seems to be the best part of web 2.0

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I set up the jott account too. I loved that I could leave a voice message but the person I sent to got a text message and voice message. You have to speak slowly and clearly or sometimes they miss what you said.