Monday, July 7, 2008

Thing # 12- Google Tools

I loved all the Google tools. I was not aware that they offered so much. This was really cool to play with and set up the different tools. I like the Google Alerts because it will keep me informed about specific news or events, and I like the fact that it will email you. The Google calendar was easy to set up. I could see teachers setting up a calendar for homework, testing, or any thing specific to their classroom. 
I wasn't going to try iGoogle, but I am glad that I did. I love the gadgets you can add to your page and it was so simple to set up. I also love the fact that you can choose the topics for your tabs, and then it will pull in the information on those specific topics. This is the link to my iGoogle.
I also set up a Picassa Album. It was easy to use too. 
I am very impressed with all the capabilities Google has to offer us as teachers and the many opportunities we have to share this information with our students. 
The only hindrance is that our district has Google blocked, and it is a pain to over ride every time. But you could do everything from home especially the calendar and send the link home with your students.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Loved looking at the wedding pictures!